Learners must be 16+ and bring along valid ID (Passport, Driving license or ID card) along with National Insurance and Proof of Address.
• Health and safety.
• Construction law, regarding traffic management.
• Who should be allowed on site.
• Safety of vehicle access.
• Hazard analysis.
• Risk management for directing vehicles.
• Identifying dangerous manoeuvres (reversing).
• Safeguarding pedestrians and other staff where vehicles may be reversing.
• Demonstrating the code of hand signals recommended by the HSE.
• Legal obligations and responsibilities of employers and their employees.
• Safety signs.
• Accident prevention.
• How to plan the use of vehicles.
What is Banksman?
Traffic Marshal (Banksman) are operatives trained to direct vehicle movement on or around the site.
2 Ways Assessment
Individuals will demonstrate the correct knowledge for directing a vehicle
Understanding the roles of both the Driver and the Banksman.
Following a multi-choice question paper at the end of the course.
Learners will be made aware of the Current Legislation (Safety signs & signals Regulations 1996).